Applications are invited for Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Programme to undertake Master’s level studies at the Aoyama Gakuin University (AGU) in Tokyo, Japan. Citizens of developing member of the WCO are eligible to apply.
The major objective of the SMIPRP is to provide students with conceptual understanding and technical competence for careers as future leaders in Strategic Management and Intellectual Property Rights. The curriculum is mainly designed for government officials worldwide currently working in customs.
Aoyama Gakuin University (AGU) is one of the top private universities in Asia, located in the heart of metropolitan Tokyo, Japan. The Strategic Management and Intellectual Property Rights Program (SMIPRP) is a 12-month master’s degree program at AGU’s Graduate School of Business and offers cutting-edge classes and practical management skills for future leaders, particularly in customs organisations around the world.
A suitable level of proficiency in English to be able to write a thesis is required. For those who have not received undergraduate/graduate education in English, please submit an official score report or certificate of exams with the following minimum scores or above.
- Application Deadline: August 16, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are awarded to undertake Master’s level studies at the Aoyama Gakuin University (AGU) in Tokyo, Japan.
- Study Subject: Scholarships holders under this programme will enrol for the Master’s Degree programme in Strategic Management and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) programme at the AGU.
- Scholarship Award:
- A monthly stipend covers accommodations, meals, transportations, and other expenses. It cannot be increased to cover family members, if any. The amount of stipend is subject to change according to the decision of the Japanese Government.*
- Admission and tuition fees.**
- Round-trip economy-class air tickets between your home country and Japan.
*The current amount of monthly stipend is 147,000 yen (as of 2018).
**The current amount of admission fee is 290,000 yen and annual tuition fee is 917,000 yen (as of 2018).
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: Developing member of the WCO
- Scholarship can be taken in Japan
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of developing member of the WCO are eligible to apply. South America, North America, Central America and the Caribbean: Argentina, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovakia, Vietnam.
- Entrance Requirements:
A candidate must be a customs officer of a developing member of the WCO with quality work experience of at least three years in the field of customs policy and administration in his/her home country.
Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in IPR border enforcement, and who are expected to work in the IPR-related section of their Customs administration after this Scholarship Programme.
A candidate must be in good health and preferably under 40 years of age as of April 1, 2019.
Individuals who have already been awarded a scholarship under the Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Programme in the past will not be entitled to apply for this Scholarship Programme.
After the completion of the Programme, the candidates should continue to work in their home Customs administration for 3 years at least.
- English Language Requirements: English Proficiency:
A suitable level of proficiency in English to be able to write a thesis is required.
For those who have not received undergraduate/graduate education in English, please submit an official score report or certificate of exams with the following minimum scores or above.
TOEFL iBT(internet based test) 79, TOEFL PBT(paper based test) 550, IELTS 6.0 (in each band)
The score should be obtained within the past two years of the application.
TOEFL ITP score is not accepted.
For those who have received education in English, please obtain an official proof letter from the graduated university.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.