Fully Funded International PhD Scholarship in Environmental Humanities in Belgium, 2018
The Ghent University is delighted to announce fully funded PhD Scholarship in Environmental Humanities in the Department of Literary Studies at Ghent University, Belgium, tenable for a period of up to four years.
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted as a single PDF file via email to stef.craps-at-ugent.be.
Applications should include:
- A cover letter, in which you specify why you are interested in this position and why you consider yourself a suitable candidate;
- An overview of how you would approach the project (max. 1000 words);
- A current CV;
- Transcripts of your qualifications to date (degrees and grade lists);
- A writing sample (Master’s thesis, article, etc.);
- Names and full contact details of two referees.
14 PhD Positions for International Students at University of Verona in Italy, 2018
The University of Verona is looking for 14 PhD candidates within the EU-funded project INVITE. Positions are open to early-stage researchers from any country and of any nationality who wish to embark on a doctoral programme of the University of Verona.
- Study Subject: INVITE offers PhD positions to train early-stage researchers in the scientific disciplines covered by its doctoral programmes, organised in four Graduate schools: Arts and Humanities; Legal and Economic Sciences; Health and Life Sciences; Natural and Engineering Sciences.
- Scholarship Award: Salaries are paid on a monthly basis and are composed of the following elements (gross amounts):
Living allowance: €2000/month for 36 months
Mobility allowance: €600/month for 36 months
Family allowance: €150/month for 36 months for students with family obligations as at the deadline of the call for applications,
The following documents must be provided:
- Application form
- ID document
- Detailed CV
- Copy of Bachelor’s and Master’s degree certificate and transcript of records
- Motivation and cover letter
- Short proposal for a research project within the specified research areas, including an explanation of how the project is interdisciplinary, inter-sectorial and international
- Declaration on the place of activity/residence in the last three years
- Diploma Supplement (optional)
- Up to two reference letters by academic professors at the university where the applicants obtained their Master’s degree or by any other legal entity from the academic or non-academic sector where the applicants studied or worked (optional).